The Best Laptop Around - Any suggestions ?

Craigmave 21:34 12 Mar 04

Hi there, i am in the process of buying a laptop and i am so so stuck on which one to go for. Can anyone help me from personal experience ? There are so many to choose from. Thanks.

steve0 21:44 12 Mar 04

Have bought several Dell laptops for work. For under £1000 get a high spec machine 3G Penium M processor etc, and a superb quality screen - runs 1440 by 1024. Model is the Inspiron 5150. Am impressed - battery life is good as well.

Chisman 21:50 12 Mar 04

I have also had a good experience with my Dell laptop - purchased an Inspiron 500m (now called the 510m) Centrino etc. Great for wireless broadband and so can use it all round the house!

Craigmave 21:51 12 Mar 04

thanks very much, i will take a look.

thisisnighthawk 22:22 12 Mar 04

oh yes, Mr dell knows how to knock out a laptop.

you wont go far wrong with one...

Indigo 1 22:59 12 Mar 04

Alien Ware do the best but at a price click here

matt1234 07:10 13 Mar 04

i have a evesham laptop it is VERY GOOD click here

Doogie Howser 07:41 13 Mar 04

Recently bought a Sony Vaio from John Lewis - paid slightly more than various online retailers but you automatically get a 2 year warranty.

Diodorus Siculus 08:24 13 Mar 04

Craigmave - what do you want to do with it? If a desktop replacement, then there are some good suggesetions above; to them, I would add that you might benefit from a look at .

If you want something powerful yet portable, go for a centrino based machine. These use portable (mobile) processors but double the on die cache to 1mb so performance is about 1.7 the clock speed. For example some reckon that a 1.5ghz processor is equivalent to a 2.4ghz which is more than adequate. It has the added benefit of running cooler so needs less in the way of fans and is thus lighter.

So, again it all comes down to what you want from the machine.

BIG ben strikes 10 08:43 13 Mar 04

look in the pc add mag? loads on the back of the front cover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…