best lap top screen for outside use

skiteam 17:15 PM 31 Jul 11

Hi what is the best type of screen if I want to use a lap top outside in bright conditions please?

T0SH 18:11 PM 31 Jul 11

In all honesty the answer to your question is none ?, but highly reflective glossy screens are worse than mat ones , I think probably you would be better to look for one that has the highest brightness and contrast levels available

Tablet computers seem to be easier to adjust the hold position to minimise screen reflections

The other way might be to use a parosol to shade the screen :¬)

Cheers HC

Woolwell 19:09 PM 31 Jul 11

Agree entirely with TOSH.

retep888™ 20:38 PM 31 Jul 11

Laptops with LED backlit Displays

because it gives better colour contrast than regular LCD displays, the screen is still viewable under sunlight.

From my own experience, the Macbook Pro screen with LED backlit is still viewable as normal under direct sunlight ,not sure about other manufacturers' LED backlit display thou.

Some say a matte display works better under the sun too but the MacBook Pro's display is glossy ,so.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…