Best ISP for minimal useage?

nick_j007 17:39 21 Jun 03

Hello all,
I'm currently looking into the best ISP for my father-in-law and I thought a quick post here would save some dredging of the 'net.
Basically, we are looking for the cheapest set up possible covering use for about ten minutes (!) a day after 6pm on average. Are there any packages that charge a genuine 1pence per minute with no extra costs?
A quick reply would be most appreciated as I am here for just a short while before a 3 hour drive home.
Thank you all.

pj123 17:46 21 Jun 03

Most pay-as-you-go ISPs give you a local number, which, depending on who your telephone provider is varies. One option is to sign up with Onetel on your fone line which gives you a special prefix number to dialout and they say they are 1p a minute. I have a couple of friends using this system and they tell me it 1p a minute any time of the day not just after 6pm.

Try their website. probably or not sure.

pj123 17:49 21 Jun 03

Oops! It is actually click here sorry.

TBH1 20:47 21 Jun 03

most isp's are much of a muchness with pay-as-you-go, this the package I feel would suit for the usage you stated - -all you pay is the phone call charge - - certainly a penny a minute at weekends, a smidgeon more than that after 6 I think - -isp's such as btopneowrld, tiscali, freeserve, ntl - - - the list is endless. I'm on an ntl £15 a month anytime package, but am configured for pay-as-you-go for btopenworld and tiscali - - - -just for the 'odd' time I can't get onto ntl, all I pay for is the local call.

nick_j007 10:04 22 Jun 03

Cheers for your input!
I shall forward this to my father-in-law, and do a little more research in the mean-time.

palinka 13:26 22 Jun 03

One Tel genuinely charge 1p per minute (tho they have other options too) with no minimum charge. The 1p applies at any time of day.

anchor 14:51 22 Jun 03

I agree with other that suggest OneTel. I used them in the past, and found they gave as fast a connection as I had seen with 56k dial-up.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…