The best internet security

Art* 01:47 30 Oct 08

Simple dont use the net, sorry this was a rant, I have had every security issue going im formating hard drives monthly (now i have vista it was fortnightly on xp) I check the net and here for reviews i have more security than fort knox and bang a trojan a hidden virus and my pc plays up, is there realy any point to buying net security ok they warn you but they cant remove half the crp i am hit with

User-1229748 02:43 30 Oct 08

if you tell us what internet security you are using we will be able to advise you,i've had only one virus in 18 months.

birdface 06:58 30 Oct 08

Lots of free security programs out there that do a good job.Because you are paying does not make it better.I agree with you its becoming almost impossible to keep your computer Virus free nowadays.I don't like the all in one Security Suites they are harder to repair.Individually at least you know where the problem is.I am quite happy with the freebies and to be honest some of the security Suites that you have to pay for I would not use even if they were free.If you give us a list of all your Security programs including your firewall we may be able to suggest others that may be helpful to you.

^wave^ 08:55 30 Oct 08

i find this hard believe what are you using as antivirus

sinbads 08:58 30 Oct 08

If you are formatting because you have a virus beit xp or vista monthly orr fortnightly then your problem lies in your internet activities.

Can't remember when i last had a virus AVG8 a router firewall and common sence i all you need.

T I M B O 09:51 30 Oct 08

Formatting ur hard drive does not remove the Trojan/virus, it merely stops windows from seeing what’s on ur hard drive. I would like to ask just what antivirus programmes you are using right now & any other form of protection you are currently using.

Technotiger 10:07 30 Oct 08

I agree with sinbads, I have had only two nasties in the last eight years, and they were in the very early days not long after I got my first PC (at the age of 65).

I use AVG free, Ad-Aware free, Sunbelt Pers Firewall (formerly Kerio) paid for version, Glary Utilies (which includes Malware remover) free, Diskeeper paid for version and common sense - free!

I am on-line just about every day and from morning till night most days.

mooly 12:21 30 Oct 08

I too agree with Sinbads. I have had only one alert in two years using Fsecure.
What security have you got ?

skidzy 17:50 30 Oct 08

" Simple dont use the net, sorry this was a rant, I have had every security issue going im formating hard drives monthly (now i have vista it was fortnightly on xp) I check the net and here for reviews i have more security than fort knox and bang a trojan a hidden virus and my pc plays up "

As you say no internet,then the virus is coming from something you are reloading on the computer !

If you are loading something that is infected and you give permission to install the .exe then this may well bypass your security.Dont forget to scan everything as load it,using your upto date AV and Mbam will cure most problems if caught early enough click here

Just for reference click here

Rahere 17:59 30 Oct 08

People are offering good advice aboive but it seems that you are reinfecting your computer each time somehow - Sorry to preach but you do need to practice safe surfing and use the antivirus, anti-malware and firewall recommendations offered properly.

skidsy's last link is what you must read to stop this cycle of pain!

good luck

mfletch 18:44 30 Oct 08

Also dont forget to scan any external hard drives or USB sticks as the nasty may be infecting them as well,

PLUS

If any one is interested you can get Norton 360 or 2009 for 90 days free

They are a big improvement on old Norton products

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac