//some 3rd party need geo

best HP printer

trainman 2 16:26 06 Oct 05

Hi i wish to buy a new HP photo printer mainly for photos. i dont realy want a stand alone printer as i wish to edit on my pc.Do the stand alone ones give better results.can anyone help please. Trainman 2

pj123 16:35 06 Oct 05

I am not sure what you are talking about but I would certainly not buy an HP printer.

SOREBLADE 17:43 06 Oct 05

OH I know we have a OfficeJet K80 it is a fax aswell but I saw them on eBay for £20 fully working they are exellent for photo's no joking better then you get from photographers. I'm 12 forgive me for spelling!

Knocker 18:08 06 Oct 05

I would recommend you log onto the HP website and see what they have to suit your needs. Pick a model then search the net for the best deal. I opted for the PSC 1610 All-in-One and I am very satisfied with the results. Canon printers seem to top the charts in my computer mags and they are highly recommended by the latest Which Magazine.

J B 18:21 06 Oct 05

I don't know why people rubish HP printers but in my experience they are a good piece of kit. To be frank Which Magazine will review what they think is the best value for money, and like any other review, it is only an opinion, not to be cast in stone. Thar said, HP printers get good to very good reviews in a lot of PC magazines,so I guess you pays your money and takes your chances. I for one am happy with my HP Printer albeit an inkjet. J.B.

Gongoozler 18:23 06 Oct 05

I don't have any first hand experience of a wide range of printers, but unlike pj123 I like HP printers. Epson printers are popular partly because the cartridges are cheaper and compatibles cheaper still. The main criticism is that if the printer is unused for a time the ink can dry in the printhead, often resulting in the printer having to be scrapped. HP cartridges are more expensive because they incorporate the printhead. Refilled HP cartridges are cheaper than new ones, but still more expensive than Epson compatibles.

Standalone photoprinters produce good results, but are expensive to run and, as you say they don't give the ability to edit the photos. Standalone thermal dye printers are reviewed in the current issue of the PC Advisor magazine.

In the October 2005 issue of the PC Advisor magazine the HP Photosmart 8150 was very highly rated click here.

TonyV 19:50 06 Oct 05

I would have no hesitation in recommending an HP printer. I have a HP930C which is about three years old and works exceedingly well and is very economical. It will also print photographs. I also bought an Epson Stylus Photo R300 based on the press and other reports. I wish I had never listened to them! It is desperately slow on text printing, and if you print quickly in the draft mode it is hardly legible. However, the quality of the photo printing is good, but it will gobble up ink at an alarming rate, even with the 6 cartridges! Stick with HP!!

TonyV

dezi 20:15 06 Oct 05

hp deskjet 3650 and only about £50 why pay more, easy to replace, using mine 2 years now. can use 6 colours ,3 colour, or just black, if half intelegent easy to refil. i have had many printers and long photographic experience. good luck.

dezi 20:26 06 Oct 05

ps. for superb glossy results...... do a regular printer alignment check/ run and use epson gloss at 250/ 300 dpi.

Jonathan rawlins 20:33 06 Oct 05

I would recomened one of Pc advisors top 10 Ten charts. It is the HP DeskJet 6540. It is number one at the moment. There is also the HP Photosmart 8150. You can find them both at click here. Hope you find this info useful

CHAIRLEG 21:52 06 Oct 05

I have had an HP PSC 1350 for over 2 years.It has never been any trouble and prints good photos.It was £124 when I bought it but recently when in ARGOS it was offered for £79 as one of their bargains, Worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…