best heatsink & fan

simonsup 21:27 08 Jun 07

Hi peeps, i want to replace my stock heatsink & fan for the athlon 64 3400+ cpu on the 754 platform on an Abit kv80 mobo, what do u reccomend? At the mo the temp is in the 50`s iwant to drop this down to say in the 30`s or 40`s.

gudgulf 21:36 08 Jun 07

Why?

If your cpu is not overheating and giving problems there is no need to use an after-market heat-sink/fan.

If you want to overclock the cpu or noise is an issue then click here and click here

Take your pick.

i bought a 5200x2 the stock hsf is dreadful!
i bought the akasa and it took the load temp from the late 60 degree c to well under 30c, i now cannot get it above 31 c its clocked just under 3 mz and the fans not switched on! so, it's silent had it 6 months and cant recommend it highly enough, first class.
click here

i bought it after waking one morning to find my arctic pro and my retention clip lying in bits at the bottom of my case! and reading this....
click here

simonsup 10:44 09 Jun 07

thanks peeps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…