Best hard drive content recovery program?

jaymus 09:30 24 Oct 07

My hard drive had a bad volume error. I eventually got Windows to boot from a disk. I can access the hard drive but some files are missing. I wondered what the best commercial and best free hard drive content recovery programs were out there? It would save me so much time and effort as I have lost my dissertation.

howard64 10:15 24 Oct 07

you can get a free demo of Easeus data recovery wizard which you can use to look at the data and see what it could recover. They tell you to use the demo and if you can see the files you are looking for then pay for the full prog about 70$. I used it to recover the data from an external usb hard drive with a master boot record failure.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 24 Oct 07

And you didn't back up such an important document?

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
CDCheck click here
Disk Investigator click here
PCInspector click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

Have had good results revoering other peoples data using both Test disk and Drive rescue

Splodge 11:17 24 Oct 07

And in future think about backing up to another drive using Acronis True Image 10. It will be cheaper and less fraught than this current situation.
Apart from anything else, I back-up before trying a new program. It will restore your whole system to its' previous condition!

jaymus 12:16 24 Oct 07

I have learned my lesson. And thank you all for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…