Best Graphic Cards X 2

maggielou43 12:49 16 Sep 13

Hi my currect PC is HP Compaq CQ5226UK.Dual core 2.6 GHz. PSU 300 watts. The original graphics were Intel G41 chipset. The mobo had only one VGA port. No DVi or HDMI. (2009)

I installed a Nvidia NVS Quantro 290 card to get a dual ports to run an extended desktop and it works really well. I now have a new monitor that has VGA, DVI & HDMI ports. Please could you recommend a dual Nvidia graphics card with these output ports. I would like one well capable of running up to 6 hours on the internet, plus you tube & BBC Iplayer. No games or anything else that is graphic intensive, but obviously need to be within the power of the PSU, Mobo and other components. Thanks I am learning Linux and will use this pc as a test machine.

I am considering having a PC built to my own spec., the main objective is to have it as linux compatible as possible. The PSU will be 500 watts with compatible mobo & components Again I will need a Nvidia graphics card with output for HDMI, VDA, & DVI Please could you recommend one. Again main use will be internet, Iplayer and youtube. thanks

northumbria61 13:05 16 Sep 13

I can't recommend any particular card but start by looking here - Nvidia Graphics Card Range

You can start off on the left of screen with the price range you want to pay.

maggielou43 18:11 16 Sep 13

Hi northumbria61 Thanks for your reply. MUch appreciated and very very useful

Looks like the Nvidia EVGA GEForce GT610 1GB would suit my older PC and the EVGA GEForce GT610 2GB would be ok for the new build.

Perhaps someone could confirm that for me please.

Also the description mentions PCI slot 16 x 2 Does this mean that the card will need 2 slots for installation.

Thanks again. Margaret

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now