Best Free software to reduce photo sizes

julius44 20:02 21 Oct 11

Hello and good evening. My friend just rang me for some information please. She is after some totally 100% free software that can be used to resize photos to make them smaller...something easy to use. many thanks

The Kestrel 20:10 21 Oct 11

Both IrfanView and Paint.Net will resize photos and both are free and easy to use.

IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/maindownloadengl.htm

Paint.NET http://www.getpaint.net/

rdave13 20:15 21 Oct 11

I'd go for Paint. Plenty of tutorials if you use a search engine.

johnnyrocker 21:52 21 Oct 11

the link for paint gets a red wot reading

johnny

Belatucadrus 23:18 21 Oct 11

Or you could try ShrinkPic

rdave13 23:30 21 Oct 11

WOT readings are from people who do not read web pages properly. Dumped WOT a long time ago. Shite - in my humble opinion .

Alternative download site if need be, cnet.

Wuggy 21:52 22 Oct 11

To rdave 13 WOT readings are from people who do not read web pages properly. Dumped WOT a long time ago. Shite - in my humble opinion .

Looks like you may be in a minority of one.

rdave13 22:25 22 Oct 11

Wuggy Possibly but read what the punters say on some sites. A lot are disgruntled by the service they received but you only read one side of the argument. That's why I dumped WOT as it is not very reliable. I prefer McAfee's site advisor who are mainly concerned about possible links to malware sites.

Wuggy 23:45 22 Oct 11

Firefox disables McAfee Site Advisor on my PC due to instabiity and crashes. No way round it as far as I can see even with McAfee SEcurity installed so WOT does fine for me.

rdave13 23:50 22 Oct 11

Strange? I use FF as a second browser, version 7.0.1, and McAfee site advisor runs OK.

rdave13 00:00 23 Oct 11

julius44

My apologies, we are deviating from your original thread, so will no longer post as you are getting emails no longer pertaining to your problem.

Paint.Net is a non pervasive program and will do all you need in my humble opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…