Best Free Firewalll

julius44 21:48 26 Feb 07

Hi there, i'm looking for a really good free firewall to use...if anyone could pls mention about 3 for me...they must be highly recommended, but free pls, thanks!!!

skidzy 21:50 26 Feb 07

Zonealarm (my Choice)
Look here under Firewalls and security.

Most popular i would say are Zonealarm and kerio,then Comodo click here

phono 21:54 26 Feb 07

Have to agree with skidzy, Sygate personal firewall is also quite good but I believe is no longer supported/updated.

johnem 22:12 26 Feb 07

Zonealarm. Works very well.

TequilaSunrise 22:14 26 Feb 07

i'd agree with zonealarm. secure, easy to work and reliable.

been using it for years and i've never had any problems

julius44 22:17 26 Feb 07

thanks guys for all your help.......everyone seems to be mentioning zone alarm,..but what about comodo free firewall pls??

RobCharles1981 22:21 26 Feb 07

I use it - its very good.

johnem 22:22 26 Feb 07

AS Skidzy mentions, zonealarm and then the others.

Ashrich 22:36 26 Feb 07

Used Zone Alarm until it started causing Network problems , went onto Sygate but as mentioned above it was bought by Symantec and closed down so I now use Comodo and find it very easy to use , there is plenty to tinker with if you like that sort of thing and it is stable and secure . Why don't you try them all , one at a time until you find one that you like , they all do the same thing basically , just with different front ends .

Ashley

pac73 22:59 26 Feb 07

If your a newbie to computers id say go for Zonealarm.Ive been using it for about 9 months now without a problem.

Billawa 23:15 26 Feb 07

Have used Zonealarm for some years with no problems. Tried Comodo some months ago and had a complete freeze up. Uninstalled and tried again with the same result. At that time Comodo was causing all sorts of problems and there were comments to this effect on this forum. Perhaps they have debugged it since. Zonealarm every time for me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac