best free email compatable with outlook express

bobatnorthway 21:27 25 Oct 06

A friend has a talk talk account, we have given up on trying to configure it, she has hotmail but thats not compatatable with O.E. can anyone come up with one with a reasonable amount of storage space ?

VoG II 21:29 25 Oct 06

Gmail. Click my yellow envelope if you would like an invite.

Stuartli 21:46 25 Oct 06

To Enable the TalkTalk e-mail service you have to initially get someone to send you an e-mail.

If you still have another e-mail account you can send one from this account to the TalkTalk account.

Configuration is the same as for other OE accounts, but also ensure that the POP and SMTP lines are correct, plus your e-mail address and chosen password, and that OE has been configured to Collect e-mail from TalkTalk (Accounts>Properties>Connection>Always Collect from..)

If you have a modem router connection it will be Collect from LAN).

The original [email protected] and password are only for logging onto the TT website.

Technotiger 21:53 25 Oct 06

Best Free email - click here

Technotiger 21:54 25 Oct 06

ps - works great with Hotmail

bobatnorthway 22:00 25 Oct 06

THANKYOU,great response as usual, now sorted.

Technotiger 22:19 25 Oct 06

Hi, glad you got it sorted - would be of interest to us all, I think, if we knew, How?

Cheers.

bobatnorthway 22:26 25 Oct 06

Yes, i have actually created accounts with both suggestions ie incredimail& googlemail and I will test drive both and see which one I find best for us, thanks once again

Technotiger 22:28 25 Oct 06

Great - and thanks to you too.

Cheers.

Miros 22:42 25 Oct 06

I have an hotmail address and use Outlook Express to access it with no problem! I don't understand why you say it isn't compatible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…