Best Free Data recovery program

jack 08:11 27 Jul 10

Which is the Preferred?
to get a flavour of this request see

click here

click here

This ancient E machine got stuck in Dr Watson
Safe mode did not solve the situation and the E Machine recovery disk simply formatted and reinstalled the basic XP Home[No SP's]and the software package[MS Works etc.]
The owner had not of course backed anything up in 8 years!!
So I an going to try to pull up anything that may be lurking under the surface before loading on SP's Programs and the like.

Technotiger 08:46 27 Jul 10

No harm in giving this a try then, it should definitely recover any jpg etc images, has also been know to recover lost files/folders with other extensions.

It is a direct download, really excellent for finding lost pics.

Create a New Folder on the Desktop, then browse to that Folder within the program, as the place to save anything found ...

click here

Technotiger 08:48 27 Jul 10

PS - without creating a New Folder, the program will save anything found in its own folder (DIR) in C:All Programs.

jack 11:04 27 Jul 10

Have downloaded it for a try.
I use PC Inspector to find lost JPEGS.
I wondered if these recovery tools are file specific
-PC Inspector JPEG only for example or if they will find anything- one can only try I guess.

AlanHo 13:09 27 Jul 10

Most of the free data recovery programs I have tried will recover files - but not always there nemes and folder structure.

The only free program I have used - and it worked well - is click here

AlanHo 13:10 27 Jul 10

Typos - their names and folder structure.

Terry Brown 15:18 27 Jul 10

I have in the past used Recuver, free and very good.

Suggestion:

Download it to another machine and install it on a mem stick, run it from the stick

Use a seperate hard drive for your recovered programs, otherwise you risk overwriting the existing programs with the new files

Terry

jack 16:59 27 Jul 10

Thats enough to get on with

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017