Best Free Cleaner

phil.smith 09:48 11 Jul 07

Which is best: CCleaner or CleanUp?

Or can anyone recommend any other please?

jimv7 09:50 11 Jul 07

I use both with no problems.

birdface 09:54 11 Jul 07

C Cleaner is the most popular,I have both installed but very seldom use Clean Up.

SB23 11:27 11 Jul 07

I've used both, but find Ccleaner is a little more trustworthy in what it removes, so much so that I have never had any problems with it. Simply install it, run it, thats all there is too it.
Because of previous cleaners I used to backup what it was removing, when it asks you, but don't anymore as I trust it 100%.

Steve

keef66 15:10 11 Jul 07

me too. Use crapcleaner weekly and don't bother with backing up registry first. (Mind you I do have a complete Acronis image on a usb ext hard drive)

birdface 10:44 12 Jul 07

You could use this Optimizer, click here Great program,It cleans out the registry etc.Also has a defrag on it.But the free or trial version only clears 10 objects at a time,But you can run it as often as you like.I had to run it 14 times to clean mine ,but well worth it,One of the best programs that I have on my computer.You should notice that your computer will run faster after using it.

phil.smith 22:12 12 Jul 07

Thanks all for the comments

Phil

phil.smith 22:12 12 Jul 07

Thanks all for the comments

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…