Best Flat Screen Monitor

aitch 12:34 06 Sep 04

I am thinking of replacing my 19" CTX 915FT CRT Monitor for a Flat screen? Currently have an Athlon 2400+512+120HDD. What should I look for and any compatability problems? Will USB2 make any difference if it has those connections on the screen? Haven't been around the shops yet as I want to have a little knowledge rather than be bamboozled by salesman talk. Is 17" flat screen measured diagonally as if the 19" CRT. Any help and guidance much appreciated.
aitch

pj123 13:11 06 Sep 04

Do you mean a flat screen TFT or a flat screen CRT.

If TFT a 15" is equal to a 17" CRT so one assumes a 17" TFT would be equal to a 19" CRT.

There shouldn't be any compatibility problems (I don't know of any monitor that uses USB though). The best obviously depends on your budget but a good source of info can be got from click here

Djohn 14:37 06 Sep 04

click here read my thread on AOC, it may help you decide. j.

chuckie 16:14 06 Sep 04

would avoid philips tft monitors like the plague as i`m on my 3rd since december 03.

cga 16:25 06 Sep 04

I have seen a TFT monitor that had USB2 ports. This was just a convinience (Like having speakers in the Monitor).

In both case they have their own separate connections to the PC and, in the case of USB, it just acts like a mini USB hub to avoid stretching down the back of the PC. (Limited value today when many PC's have Front USB ports).

aitch2 13:29 07 Sep 04

Thanks to all for the help and info. Now I can go shopping.
aitch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…