reliability?

recovery deleteds?

Any thing else that comes to mind?

w1z8rd 15:04 01 Dec 05

I've just switched to Thunderbird recently and am quite impressed at the mo

hatrickj 17:18 04 Dec 05

has no one else anything to add?

ade.h 18:24 04 Dec 05

w1z8rd has said exactly what I was going to say; use Thunderbird. Particularly good if you use numerous email accounts. Beats the pants off OE for that.

heepster 18:56 04 Dec 05

Gmail , without doubt the easiest and best, and now with virus protection.

sharkfin 18:57 04 Dec 05

Outlook express,,works perfectly,,also everyone has it alreadi :)

ade.h 19:13 04 Dec 05

OE is not good if you have more than email account, because all your messages get downloaded to the same folder and displayed in the same window. Sifting through it all to distinguish between business and personal mail is annoying, especially with dozens of messages every day spread across six or seven addresses. Thunderbird is far more productive and user-friendly.

GaT7 19:17 04 Dec 05

Review of 9 email clients click here.

The 'best' is usually what's best for you - so try out a few of the top-rated ones & decide for yourself. G

Gongoozler 19:33 04 Dec 05

I use Thunderbird and in most respects I like it. Outlook Express has one aspect that I prefer. If you select Tools - Options - Maintenance - Store Folder. You can change the place where your emails are stored. This place can be a different partition or even a different drive from that which has Windows and your programs. If this different partition or drive is also used to store your saved documents, then in case of Windows becoming irretrevably corrupted your documents and emails will still be safe. They are also more easily backed up.

kro 01:45 05 Dec 05

Office 2003 Outlook is my preference. It's simple to use. If you have multiple accounts you can easily set-up rules to move mails to the appropriate folders upon receit and MS issue Junk mail filters with regular updates and other add-ons including a back-up utility that can back up all mail folders whenever and whereever you want.

hatrickj 18:27 05 Dec 05

Thanks all. I shall gove TB a fair go if I can get over set up problems. See my new thread just posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…