Best DVD-RW Disks

RobCharles1981 23:48 30 Nov 05

I'm currently using Phillips DVD-RW Disks but I was wondering what other good makes are more reliable disks??

Stuartli 00:02 01 Dec 05

Many Philips media products are rebranded Taiyo Uden manufactured - one of the best media brands in the world.

Kodak, Imation and Sony also rebrand its products whilst TDK is long renowned for its media offerings.

RobCharles1981 00:07 01 Dec 05

I just use DVD-RW too back my data up thats all but with the Phillips ones Why do the files I have on the DVD-RW "Read Only" files ??

HXP 01:11 01 Dec 05

I use datawrite disks and so far have had no problems both in my PC DVD recorder and in my LITEON DVD stand alone recorder.

I get from ebuyer and they work out at 24p each without cases if you buy 100.

Datawrite Yellow 8x Yellow DVD-R x 50

click here

QuickFind: 90414
Datawrite Yellow 8x Yellow DVD-R x 50
£9.39 inc VAT
Shipping £4.74

There is also a grey version which i used in the past with no probs not sure what the difference is apart from the colour - I am sure someone will tell me about ink dye patterns etc ( I will wait for the onslaught from the experts) - but main thing is they work well, seem inexpensive and arrive on time.

€dstowe 06:51 01 Dec 05

I am often saying that I would never use rewritable optical disks for anything - you, too, seem to have doubts by your statement "what other good makes are more reliable disks??"

DVDR and CDR disks are so cheap that if you insist on using this medium for backups, forget about rewritables.

€dstowe 07:43 01 Dec 05

My first sentence above should read:-
"-- - - optical disks for anything important or valuable"

Gary7 08:02 01 Dec 05

I would recommend you use an old slower machine (networked) and a huge (250GB) hard-disk to back-up onto, as they are so cheap these days. And so much faster that burning DVD's. You only need to switch on the backup machine once a week-ish and you'll be backed-up within minutes. That's what I do. But wait until after Xmas b4 buying a HDD, as prices will go down then, due to a lower demand.

Stuartli 08:41 01 Dec 05

Hard drive prices fall consistently throughout the year whilst, at the same time, capacities and specifications continue to rise.

Same for virtually all computer components and peripherals...:-)

RobCharles1981 09:24 01 Dec 05

Are there any good deals in Pcworld ??

Stuartli 09:35 01 Dec 05

For media or hard drives?

Never found any for media in PC World - usually far more than prices elsewhere and it's not been cheap for HDDs either whenever I've been in the Aintree store browsing (wasting time waiting for the other half).

RobCharles1981 09:53 01 Dec 05

No DVD-RW Disks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…