Best DVD recorder?

cliffoa 01:00 18 Jan 07

Hi I've got sky+ but sometimes my sky+ hard drive gets quite full and I'd like to record some programmes to DVD rather than delete them. Can anyone tell me if a DVD recorder will record to disc a programme that I have saved on my sky+ hard drive, or if not, can a DVD recorder record programmes direct from ALL sky channels, like movies, sports, documentaries etc, and not just the freeview channels. I've looked at a few recorders on the net but none seem to have this information, maybe it's just me being thick and they assume I'll know already. Oh, and I want to use it to convert camcorder footage to DVD too.

I've been eyeing up the Panasonic DMREX75 specced out below. Anybody got one, know if it's any good or anything I should beware of? Any comments gratefully received guys. Cheers.

Panasonic DMREX75 - Multi Format DVD & 160Gb Hard Disc Drive Recorder With Freeview & HDMI

Multi DVD Format - Record & Play All DVD Types
160Gb Hard Disc Drive Recorder
Integrated Freeview Digital Tuner
HDMI Socket (Upscaling)
SD Card Slot
Silver
DIGA Engine
DVD-RAM,DVD-R/RW,DVD+R/RW,DVD+R DL,CDR/RW,MP3 CD,JPEG Playback

paddy75 01:33 18 Jan 07

Charles have a look at this site. click here Paddy

paddy75 01:38 18 Jan 07

Charles have a look here for some reviews. click here Paddy

ArrGee 09:29 18 Jan 07

You could get a hybrid usb TV stick (such as click here) grab a scart to S-Video lead, connect your Sky+ box to the dongle, plug it into your PC/laptop and use ArcSoft Totalmedia (click here) to record all your Sky direct to your PC hard drive. (This is assuming you have a S-Video in port on your PC)

This way, editing prior to burning to DVD is a much easier task, such as removing adverts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac