Best DVD games backup tool?

john63 23:46 02 Nov 05

What is the the best tool to backup games which are on a DVD? I have tried the following tools to no avail: Alcohol 120%; Gamesxcopy; Gamejack 4.

gartoye 23:56 02 Nov 05

use Nero john, I had problems backing up DVD based games until i got nero, its the dogs.

john63 00:04 03 Nov 05

I have got nero, but what about the copy protection on the discs?

Totally-braindead 00:27 03 Nov 05

It is illegal in this country to copy any copywrite material including making backups of games.

john63 00:31 03 Nov 05

Many companies allow 1 BACKUP copy to be made. That is what I am trying to do.

SANTOS7 00:34 03 Nov 05

Totally-braindead is right, but for those innocents
that want to keep their games as the day they bought them there are a couple of things to try. A no CD fix for the game in question will allow you to play the game once downloaded to your HDD as it suggests without the disc in the drive,
or create an image file of the game and play it in a virtual drive which progs like Alcohol will create for you...

john63 00:45 03 Nov 05

From Colin McRae Rally 2.0 "...You shall not: Copy the program except a single backup copy...". Just thought that I should make this point, i.e Codemasters approve of one making a @@single@@ @@backup@@ @@copy@@. Anyway back to the point. I would prefer to make a disk to disk copy as my harddrive is small (20gb) with only about 5gb free, thus an image of a disk would take up most of the space

PaulB2005 08:58 03 Nov 05

Codemasters say you can copy the disk but the law says you can't circumvent the copy protection. Therefore you need to ask Codemasters how to copy the disk.

Silly to use copy protection and then say you can copy the disk.

Totally-braindead 15:05 03 Nov 05

Not trying to be funny here but since Colin McRae 2.0 is a budget game and therefore is cheap I see little point in making a backup of it. Suggest the same as PaulB2005 and contact Codemasters, alternatively try Nero it may work as its an older game.

BBez 15:45 03 Nov 05

using alcohol for any game, click here

if it's a dvd game for PC, use dvd decrypter in ISO / Read mode, goto Mode/ISO/READ or press "r" key when program starts...

john63 00:36 04 Nov 05

To Totally-braindead, The game which I am attempting to backup is Colin Mcrae rally 04. Costs a little more than Colin Mcrae rally 2.0. Right then, to BBez I have looked all over the internet trying to find out how to make a backup of a dvd game using alcohol, to no avail, and have already seen the page reccomended by yourself. Anyway, does it matter about the copy protection (Securom new) when using dvd decrypter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…