Best DVD +/- burner

radi8or 16:21 05 Oct 03

Hi people,
I'm looking to buy a multi format DVD recorder,
internal, black, price no object.

Would anyone care to reccommend the best make to invest in.

Thanks in advance

y_not 16:26 05 Oct 03

Dunno if its the best but I use the NEC1300A - had a few problems with it at the beginning; caused by conflict with another writer, now works fine - no problems, no coasters just does the job!

Hope it helps.

dazzling (work) 16:29 05 Oct 03

i have sony dru 500 no probs with it no coasters either.dont know wether they do it in black though.darren.p.s. when you finally get one go to read the reviews about what discs people are using becausethis is the difficult bit findind dependable disks chap doesnt always mean bargain.i use datawrite classic discs which seem to work fine.

radi8or 16:34 05 Oct 03

Thanks for response Tony,
trying to free up some space in getting rid of cd/rw & dvd rom so hopefully wont have any
what size buffer on yours?

cheers Bob

radi8or 16:43 05 Oct 03

have been looking at sony 510a looks ok just trying to get some feedback on different makes.
Thanks for tip on disks.

cheers Bob

bretsky 17:00 05 Oct 03

This was the problem I found when I was looking for a DVD writer to go with my Black Dell dimension, I purchased a NEC1100a{from Dell} which is NOT multi format, it is the + version and is brilliant, no coasters at all and I'm very pleased with it!!!!!!!!!!!Who needs CDRW????

radi8or 17:13 05 Oct 03

Thanks for responses people, looks like everybody
has their own favs, ya pays ya money ya takes ya choice.

Bob out

clayton 17:23 05 Oct 03
  y_not 17:24 05 Oct 03

Buffer is 2Mb - for a full spec click here and note the price .... £99.88!!

Rayuk 18:34 05 Oct 03

Couple of Black drives over at NEC 1300A being one of them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…