Best DSL Router For Virgin Broadband please??

julius44 06:50 15 Mar 07

Hello all, i've now left tiscali, and i'm now with virgin. I previously has a linksys ADSL WG524s wireless router which was excellent, but now as i've been told i'll need to get a DSL/cable router. I just wanted personal opinion, and links to Cable/Dsl wireless router websites. I'll be sharing my connection with my playstation 2....and soon to be purchased playstation 3. I'm looking for something not too pricey, relaible, and easy to set up.....my budget is £30-£50. The router MUST be fast and RELIABLE I'm also looking to sell my ADSL router for a cheap quick price.

oldbeefer2 08:53 15 Mar 07

I bought a Safecom modem/router on advice from this forum - from memory, it cost £18 and has been perfect over the last 6 months. Now only 15quid! click here

Gongoozler 09:13 15 Mar 07

Is your Virgin connection ADSL or cable?

keef66 09:49 15 Mar 07

I have Virgin BB via cable, and share it (wired) between 3 pc's using a Netgear RP614 DSL cable router. Simple to set up and it's been operating flawlessly for 2 years.

No experience of their wireless kit though.

oldbeefer2 11:00 15 Mar 07

I may have misread your thread - if you need a router that can plug into a coax cable feed, I have a Netgear one that was used with Blueyonder. PM me if you are interested.

julius44 13:36 15 Mar 07

Hi gongoozler, my connection is DSL

FatboySlim71 13:50 15 Mar 07

I can highly recommend Netgear modem/routers, they are excellent.

julius44 22:32 15 Mar 07

Hello fatboysslim 71, in your opinion, which DSL Netgear routers would u suggest pls, as i've been looking at the Netgear RP614, and also theWGT624,...or any others u could kindly recommmend. thanks

FatboySlim71 09:06 16 Mar 07

The modem router that I own is the Netgear DG834G, but I purchased the modem purely for the option of allowing me to have an Ethernet (network) connection as previously I had a USB modem and wanted to use a modem that used an ethernet connection.

So correct me if im wrong but are you wanting a modem/router or just a router. The Netgear WGT624
that you mention uses the higher speed 108 MBPS wireless, so unless your equipment uses the 108 MBPS wireless system you would not benefit from the higher speed of the 108 MBPS.

The RP614 that you mention, is just a router and is NOT wireless, so if you were to purchase this model you would have to use an RJ-45 (ethernet) cable to connect your equipment into it.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac