Best Downloads

Pesala 17:39 24 Mar 03

It seems that I have 600K NTL Broadband for a little while longer at least until my account gets updated and set back to 128K that it should be.

Which big downloads would you recommend?

I use Windows ME, Opera browser (already download latest version), and do a lot of DTP. I am not into music or games, I prefer educational programs, maps, pictures, etc.

I already have Open Office 1.0 and Windows Media Player 9. What other good freeware/shareware Windows updates etc,. are worth downloading?

Lú-tzé 18:47 24 Mar 03

Mozilla 1.3

WinXP service pack 1 (you may well need it one day...).

Cobian backup - click here

click here
HTTrack HTTrack is an easy-to-use offline browser utility. It allows you to download a World Wide website from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting html, images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads. HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system.

And then some good web sites that you would like a local copy of.

Oscar's renamer - handy if you have a digicam. click here

Maximus DVD click here

There was also a thread here once upon a time with a listing by a guy who created a machine running win98 and everything else freeware. May be worth a look.

Pesala 19:06 24 Mar 03

I downloaded Cobian Backup and HTTrack

powerless 19:22 24 Mar 03

Red hat Linux 8.0 and Mandrake Linux 9.0 Total size (approx)= 2.5GB

Redhat click here download the 3 ISO images. Will take about umm hmmm errmmm lets say 10 hours. click here

Mandrake click here download the 3 ISO images. Will take about umm hmmm errmmm lets say 10 hours. click here

Two "free" Operating systems, Mandrake is better suited to me.

click here for a free 5 day trial of "Earth and beyond" total size 1GB.

click here to vies all TCP ports. Courtesy of T n T ;-) Total size (hold your breath) 35KB (yes KB)

Resfresh pages if they do not load first time.

powerless 19:24 24 Mar 03

To access click here, log in as 'anonymous' and use your email address for the password.

Pesala 19:29 24 Mar 03

Linux distributions and trial versions of games I don't need. Now a trial version of Windows 2000 .. that might be worth downloading.

Keep the ideas coming. My broadband is still going strong.

powerless 19:31 24 Mar 03

Abusing the bandwidth you have been given Pesala.

;-)))))))

Lú-tzé 19:37 24 Mar 03

Maybe the GIMP? Free and powerful - are you into photo work to go with the DTP?

Pesala 19:38 24 Mar 03

Powerless

Would you like me to send you a few by email?

(>_<)

powerless 19:42 24 Mar 03

No thats ok...I have a large collection of space rocks that keep me occupied ;-)

hugh-265156 19:43 24 Mar 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…