//some 3rd party need geo

best cad program

broggs 20:39 06 May 04

My boss does hand drawn plans of office layouts on graph paper for our furniture installation teams to build desks etc.
What would be a good program to use to do this on a pc so that the rooms could be drawn and then the desks/chairs/filing cabinets could be dragged and dropped into place so that a perfect plan could be produced.
I need to prove him wrong that the best way is his way.
thanks

y_not 20:50 06 May 04

For a free trial download click here I think that this includes office design layout features

accord 20:53 06 May 04

it all depends on how much you want to pay and whether you need 3D or 2D.

Pesala 20:55 06 May 04

Proving the boss wrong is not what you want to do. Why do you think he's the boss? What you need to do is plant the idea that this could be done better with software. (Sounds like you already did this). Then shut up until he asks if there is a quicker way than doing it by hand. Then you say, "What a good idea. Why didn't I think of that."

Then you need to be armed with the facts and some drawings you did earlier in a program that cost about £99 or Serif Draw Plus 4.0 (freeware) click here

This question came up before. Search for CAD. I would use Corel Draw Essentials due to its ease of use, flexibility, and low cost (£50) but professionals may suggest something else.

Pesala 20:57 06 May 04

Take a look here what can be done with Draw Plus.

broggs 21:34 06 May 04

Thanks everyone.
Yes he is my boss but he is also a very good mate who would welcome change if it made his day easier.He is a workaholic and if I can help him with the plan drawing I am sure he would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…