Best B&W printer for letters only ?

garrema 15:42 03 May 06

In the title really. I'm looking for a simple printer which can print letters on regular paper with good enough quality to send out.
Laser printers I guess are too expensive and I would hope for something say 70-80 quid so nothing fancy.
Thanks

Totally-braindead 16:07 03 May 06

Nope you want a laser. Cheaper by far to run for black and white documents. click here as an example but I can't recommend anything in particular as I've never had one. Theres quite a few within your budget click here click here click here

woodchip 16:13 03 May 06

Yep a cheap laser I have a Samsng ML-4500 and it cost less than you are willing to pay

Stuartli 16:16 03 May 06

The Samsung models such as the ML-1510 and 1610 as mentioned in Totally-braindead's links have been well respected for some time.

Used to be around £100 but were quite often featured in half price deals by some of the big high street electrical outlets.

I should imagine that one of these or similar will suit your purpose perfectly.

But check out running costs first for each model you are interested in.

Gongoozler 16:29 03 May 06

garrema, you don't say how many letters you want to send out, but as suggested by the other forum members a basic black only laser printer will print faster and if you are printing hundreds of copies a month will work out cheaper. The print is also waterproof. If you are only printing a few tens of letters a month then inkjet printers in your price range are very good.

€dstowe 16:49 03 May 06

I've been using low cost Samsung laser printers for years now and can thoroughly recommend them.

I started off with ML1210 models but these are now wearing out after working extremely hard for several years in a busy studio and I'm replacing them with ML1510. We use them as general "dogs body" printers but they are quite adequate for high quality letter printing if you use good grade paper.

Belatucadrus 17:00 03 May 06

Another ML1210 user here, got mine for about £50 before I started back at college, between Assignments and reams of research notes, Using toner refills it saved more than enough to pay for itself inside a year. One of the best PC related purchases I've ever made.
click here for a few more options within your budget range.

Gongoozler 17:01 03 May 06

And another printer supplier that I can recommend click here

Stuartli 17:02 03 May 06

Just had a Staples flyer with the free local weekly newspaper - it has the Samsung ML-1610 on offer at £49.99 (half price).

If you have a Staples near you it would save the p and p...:-)

amonra 17:17 03 May 06

All the Samsung models are cheap and good. Easily refillable and no probs. so far !

Stuartli 17:47 03 May 06

Just discovered that the Staples in-store catalogue includes free delivery...:-)

But the Samsung models are surprisingly not included on its website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…