Best Browser

baz\ 17:21 13 May 04

I am using I.E 6 right now, but I have heard of many others. I want to know which one is the best one out of them in overall stats including features, reliability and looks. I have been hearing that Opera is the best overall, is this true?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

AubreyS 17:25 13 May 04

Opera. Terrific! click here

Old Shep 17:25 13 May 04

I have IE, Opera and Avant installed all work together side by side. You will need IE to get on some websites but they are few and far between. Have to say that Opera and Avant load a lot quicker than IE and have tabbed pages which is a plus as I am on dialup.

rawprawn 17:27 13 May 04

Best, I find is the one you like best. Try Avant.click here

rawprawn 17:28 13 May 04

sorry click here

GaT7 17:48 13 May 04

Agree with rawprawn on both accounts!

Avant has many more features than IE, so if you use them to your advantage you won't look back. So take the time to use & get used to this 'tabbed' browser & configure it your liking. I've tried a few others like Opera & Mozilla but eventually stuck to Avant because it integrates so well with IE - like the fact that it's 'Favourites' (Bookmarks) are IE's as well.

Of course, if you do find one you like, don't ever uninstall IE as it's needed for vital functions on your PC.

VoG II 17:58 13 May 04

Firefox click here

TomJerry 18:03 13 May 04

Firefox is the best, some computer magzine editors use it as well if you read a lot of computer mags, you will notice this.

kinger 18:26 13 May 04

I was so pleased with Avante that I sent the programmer £10 quid (well, I did keep getting prompted for some dough). You have to switch this prompt for money off after each upgrade but it is truely fantastic to use.

I have also installed the latest Opera which has something of a learning curve after using ie for so long but it compliments Avante just fine.

Opera crashes a couple of times a week but I can live with that as the features are amazing.

I also just joined Operamail's premium mail service as that is excellent value for money ... 6 months free trial.

Belatucadrus 20:09 13 May 04

Firefox is great, I tried many alternative browsers, but always ended up going back to IE. Then I tried Firefox, It's quicker, the tabs are excellent and the website has loads of plugins so you can tweak it for all it's worth. I'm not going back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…