Best Broadband or personal choice?

Zebrapec 21:29 05 Mar 05

Hi, as I am not yet on broadband, for various reasons, i.e. my phone bill for pay per minuet is still only approx. £16, and I hear such conflicting reports about different providers, does any one have any impartial advice please.

stalion 21:32 05 Mar 05

I am with BT Broadband and no problems for 15 months.
Regards

Jak_1 21:34 05 Mar 05

personal choice I'm afraid, what's right for one person isn't for the next but click here may help you.

jbp1982 21:42 05 Mar 05

Been with em three months, I find they're pricy but they always have some sort of intro offer like three months half price. In term of service email support doesn't exist, they never reply, ya need to cling to the phone for ages. And there is always maintenance or failure affecting service.

dogbreath1 22:05 05 Mar 05

I'm with BT. They've just offered an upgrade from 1-2MBps with a reduction in monthly tariff of £5. That seems like a good deal. 'Been with them for 6 months and (with the exception of the cock-up the other weekend), they've been fine. One thing is for sure, when you get used to BB speed, you won't want to revisit dialup. Treat yourself to a free Firefox download click here
,enable 'pipelining' click here
and be amazed at your browsing speed. This tweak was posted on this forum recently by about:blank.

Dipso 22:32 05 Mar 05

"...only approx £16 a month", I pay less than you for a 1 Meg broadband connection. click here Prices start at £11.75 for 10x speed of dial up. There is a connection charge but no 12 month contract.

I've been with them for almost 2 years and am very happy.

speedy12 00:00 06 Mar 05

Blueyonder. Happy.

BT Broadband no issues after 18 months also a jump from 1 - 2MBs with a drop in price

Bagsey 08:49 06 Mar 05

It is another case of you get what you pay for. Cheap usually means cheap service or no service at all when you need it.
Ihave been with Bt then BtYahoo for 6 years with never a scrap of trouble. Now got 2meg BB for less than I was paying for 500k BB this time last year. So you pays your money and takes your choice .

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:12 06 Mar 05

Forget the above advice, the only way to ensure that you get a good provider is to ask your neighbours who they use and if they are happy. Having said that BT and Wanadoo, in spite of a small number of complaints are excellent. Apart from cable and sat., ALL broadband goes through BT, so they are as good a bet as any.

G

^wave^ 13:24 06 Mar 05

try homecall been on it 3months no probs and free local and national calls

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…