Best broadband kit for dial up?

brett1500 13:15 05 Sep 07

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a kit (with links if possible please)for the best one, price and download limit doesnt really matter as it will mostly be used after 6 pm. Thanks in advance.

tullie 14:42 05 Sep 07

You will allready have a modem in pc wont you?So what kit do you mean?

brett1500 14:55 05 Sep 07

It was a kit with modem my sister got from talk talk that supposedly gave her broadband speeds ( probably not a fast one) on dial up. After much delay from talk talk and starting the service she decided to cancel and thats where i came in. Im at a loss myself as i didnt think you could get broadband through dial up. i realise im probably not making much sense but is there anything else that would do what she wants? Thanks again.

Clapton is God 14:56 05 Sep 07

"Best broadband kit for dial up?"

Which is a contradiction in terms.

What do you want - broadband or dial up??

If dial up, your PC should already have a dial-up modem.

If broadband, these modems are usually supplied by the ISP when you sign-up to their service.

brett1500 15:06 05 Sep 07

Im guessing ive worded it wrong, it was a service for dial up that promised broadband speeds and as you say the pc has the dial up modem but to install it, it had to go through talk talks modem

FreeCell 15:21 05 Sep 07

Vodafone offer something that may have been it. It's a mobile USB modem that offers upload/download speeds of 7.2mbs much faster than dial up.

Can't see any reference on TalkTalk website about their offering but maybe they withdrew it.

Vodafone offer it to business users.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…