Best audio recording software please?

buel 23:12 19 May 10

Hi, please can anyone tell me is there any recommended software that will record the audio from a BBC iplayer programme i watched? I dont want the whole audio clip, just a short snippet (which im sure they wouldn't mind)
Any ideas please?
Thank you!!

northumbria61 23:46 19 May 10

Can't comment on the legalities but here is a list of FREE downloads for you to pick from and try.

click here

AUDACITY is one of the recommended one's from CNet downloads.

click here

eedcam 05:29 20 May 10

as said Audacity should be capable of recording any audio playing on the pc.Remember the show is only available for 7 days without going into detail if you dont think you can manage it in time,feel free to PM me with the show details and I should be able to help

buel 22:50 20 May 10

a HUGE thank you to both of you, i really appreciate it!!

buel 23:03 20 May 10

Hi again, i've just tried Audacity and the playback sounded very 'far away', if that makes sense?

theDarkness 23:09 20 May 10

after recording, if the sound is too low normalise it in audacity (effect > normalise) to amplify it automatically

buel 23:12 20 May 10

Hi there, unfortunately the 'normalise' moption is greyed out?

theDarkness 23:14 20 May 10

if that doesnt work well, u may have to increase the 'sound recording' volume (control panel > sound and audio devices in windows, or your soundcards own recording options itself-if you have one).

theDarkness 23:15 20 May 10

did you select the entire file before trying the normalise option?

theDarkness 23:16 20 May 10

edit > select all

buel 23:32 20 May 10

Hey thanks, i needed to select all, i did this then normalised...but still very poor! However, i will try the other options you mentioned tomorrow, thank you again!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5