Best Anti-Virus For Small Business?

Timmy!! 10:43 22 Sep 04

We have 60 computers all running XP SP2 & Office 2k3 setup in workgroups. We also have two fileservers accessed by all of the above. We’re not running exchange for email; all pc’s access their email directly from the internet via pop3 in Outlook.

Our subscription to sophos is about to run out and I’m looking around for a replacement. I’m not really sure sophos is the right programme for us any more as we no longer run a domain or exchange as before so it provides little protection for viruses entering via email as it has no outlook integration.

I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on a replacement. I have experience of Norton/Symantec, McAfee and AVG (all only on a one machine basis ie no corporate versions) and like them all so I guess they’re the front runners but I’m open to suggestion. The three most important things for me are being auto-updating with no user interaction necessary, good Outlook integration and a good ability to ‘deal’ with viruses once found. Some sort of reporting of viruses so I know who’s getting what and when would also be useful.

Any comment is appreciated.

Belatucadrus 12:26 22 Sep 04

click here

click here

You can try them out if you want.

"You can try our programs before buy if you wish. avast! Home and Professional Edition work for sixty days since the first installation even without serial number."

Look at the downloads page, I use the free home version, but have no hesitation in recommending the program to anybody.

Taff36 12:48 22 Sep 04

Mcafee ASAP works well on our 15 computer system. click here? It updates every machine automatically via our broadband connection and you can set up relay servers for any machines that do not have direct internet access but are connected to your networks. Every week you get a management report from mcafee which shows your groups and the current status of updates. (This identifies any computer that hasn`t got the latest updates)

Taff36 12:55 22 Sep 04

It also tells you what viruses were found on which machine and when. If you e-mail me I`ll send you a copy of a report.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…