Best Anti-virus?

Survey Surfer 13:44 25 May 04

Does anyone know what the best anti-virus is by successful detection of viruses

Regards Jezzy

SANTOS7 13:47 25 May 04

can't say which is the best, but you would have to go a long way to beat the AVG free edition simple unasuming very tidy programme which does exactly what it says it will do

Belatucadrus 13:49 25 May 04

Depends who you ask, there are various websites who run tests, but they never seem to agree on what's best. click here Virus Bulletin is one of them.

Dr. Charles(retired now) 14:55 25 May 04

Its what suits you, your computer profile, and configuration etc.

I have used AVG free edition for many years and it does a first class job with free updates too

Best,

Charles

Gaz 25 16:17 25 May 04

There are many too choose from. I run several of the latest versions on my machines.

Norton 2004 - Easy to use, good detection, can be unreliable at times and has a slight system slowdown. click here

McAfee Virus Scan 04 - Very good detection, and nice interface, sluggish at times, includes annoying pop-up marketing for upgrades to new products. click here

Panda Internet Security 2004 - Nice easy interface, quick removal of viruses, auto updates, fast, have to register before can take advantage of updates. click here

Regards,
Gareth

rawprawn 17:12 25 May 04

Avast is my favourite free antivirus click here

sgtdibble 18:29 25 May 04

I have AVG and zone alarm both free and work well

Dark Knight 18:39 25 May 04

I have used three previously - the below is based on personal opinion and does not relate to how effective they are rated!

McAfee (not the web version which I hear is superior) but never again!!!! Had trouble with an update once and spent the next 7hrs uninstalling fragment by fragment.

Norton. Found it tends to hog resources and causes clashes with some software.

Currently use AVG. never caused me a problem yet. I use the free version but would be tempted to use the pay version for further protectionif I were to upgrade.

In addition I use sygate personal firewall which is also very easy to use.

rômanab 18:43 25 May 04

f-secure or kaspersky click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…