Best AGP Graphics Card for £60

Rob_101 17:43 10 Mar 08

Whats the best AGP graphics card there is for around £60?

I thought about the Nvidia 7600gt 256mb.

Is this any good.

I would like to be able to play most modern games, obviously not at MAX settings, on a 17" monitor.

Also...

Can anyone recommend a good Micro ATX PSU for about £30-£40. About 400w if possible.

Many thanks

Totally-braindead 17:48 10 Mar 08

Thats about as good as you will get at this price range and it will play anything but you will have to drop the settings and the resolution.

I would get more than a 400 watt supply. I think the 7600GT recommends a 450 watt one.

Does it have to be Micro ATX will a standard ATX not fit?

Rob_101 18:27 10 Mar 08

I think it has to be Micro ATX because the current PSU is very small. It's only 100mm in diameter and 75mm high. I don't think a ATX one would fit as the Micro is in with a bit of a squeeze! lol. It's a pain becasue I can't find many micro atx PSU's! Are the screw holes the same on ATX and M-ATX PSU's?

Thanks for the comment about the graphics, I will go for the 7600gt.

citadel 19:30 10 Mar 08

I would get the card first and see if it works with your psu. If not I would get a atx case with a psu included and transfer everything over to the new larger case. This looks daunting but is easy to do.

mrwoowoo 19:39 10 Mar 08

According to their system requirements the 7600gt requires a minimum 350w power supply.
So as citadel says,it won't hurt to try it out with your current psu if it's a 350w.
Mind you,if your'e after a 400w psu i'm guessing your current one is 250-300w.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…