Best advice required....for Broadband and phone line for my sister

julius44 17:25 PM 15 Apr 12

Good afternnon to you all. My sister and her young daughter will be moving to a bigger place very soon, and she needs information on the best deal for broadband and phone line please. At present her broadband is with Virgin media and her sky is with Sky. she has no landline. Virgine media have already told her that they have no broadband in the new property which is at Brockly in south london, hence she cant transfer her internet. She's considering sky or BT, or maybe any tohers around. I'm with virgin for my internet, and they are very good. Any suggestions offers for advice please??

hastelloy 19:25 PM 15 Apr 12

Does she want the cheapest or a good service? See ISP ratings. I'm with Zen for brosdband and phone. Not the cheapest but excellent service. Also it's only a month contract.

lotvic 19:40 PM 15 Apr 12

You could go to and click on 'Broadband Map' input the postcode of new house, and then in left column click on 'Speed Test Results'. This will show you speeds that others are getting in the area (that is if anyone local has done speed tests).

Another good site is but if she is going to have Sky for her TV then it makes sense to check out their deals and what they can offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know