Bent Pin on AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Grannyann 15:31 15 Jan 06

We are building another PC and have just unpacked the AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. One pin at the corner is bent. Is this deliberate, or has it been damaged in transit?

Mr Mistoffelees 15:46 15 Jan 06

There should never be any bent pins. If it is only slightly bent you could try straightening it, but there is a high risk of it breaking it off. I would be strongly inclined to send it back for a replacement.

Grannyann 15:59 15 Jan 06

This one actually looks as if it might have been deliberately bent at an exact 45 dgree outward angle to the rest of the pins. AMD are being very very slow to respond to my email and I did wonder if anyone had any experience of this particular processor. In a long gone existence a bent pin on a 486 made it a 386, I think.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:04 15 Jan 06

When you purchased the cpu you entered into a contract with the retailer. It is the retailer's responsibility and the retailer must sort it out for you.

hzhzhz 16:09 15 Jan 06

IF you decide to/have to, then try using an empty propelling pencil to straighten the pin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…