Bendy Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linwe 18:36 17 May 04

Not sure what I have done, everything on my screen has become distorted, have tried adjusting the controls, system restore, panicking, its Windows XP Home by the way so I presume I cant do a restore factory settings (even if I knew how to do it). Errr help, please?

johnnyrocker 18:47 17 May 04

'distorted covers a very wide range' unless you can be more descriptive i suggest that you try a system restore to last known good working point, that is unless you have been mucking about with the monitor settings !!!!!!!

johnny.

€dstowe 18:50 17 May 04

Got any speakers placed near the screen? If yes, try moving them away.

johnnyrocker 18:51 17 May 04

press the de-gauss button at rear of monitor?

johnny

Linwe 20:57 17 May 04

Dont shout, well yes i played about with the settings and tried de-gausse but we are still all convex and concave and I need glasses <grin>

thms 21:01 17 May 04

in the settings for your monitor there should be a recall option this will set your monitor back to factory settings.

cream. 21:04 17 May 04

Restart the computer and press F8 on booting up. Now pick safe mode. Let the computer load. Now right click the desktop and pick properties. Then the settings tab, move the slider to 800x600x16bit and apply.

Reboot the computer.

woodchip 21:17 17 May 04

It's the controls on the monitor that need adjusting not Windows that needs restoring

Linwe 21:23 17 May 04

No recall option, F8 didnt take me to where I wanted to be, still bendy

Mister Splendid 21:23 17 May 04

I'm with Woodchip on this one. You need to adjust the monitor, it's nothing to do with Windows.

woodchip 21:27 17 May 04

You have been playing with the controls on the front of the monitor do some more playing and watch the screen as you make adjustments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…