Belkin/virgin media

LEEDASH 19:26 10 Mar 09

1st off hello all.Ive just brought this belkin 54g wireless router from my friendly electrical shop.Friendly it is not ! having set it up a per instructions,i thought this aint wifi !! i have a ethernet cable from the modem to the router and from the router to my laptop,im very confused ??
Having a brain wave ! i disconnected the e cable from my laptop,it showed up 'belkin' but would not connect to the net

Ashrich 19:36 10 Mar 09

When connecting to a Virgin Media cable modem it is preferred if you remove the power to both the modem and wireless router for at least 10 minutes to allow the modem to " forget " it's association with the MAC of your PC . After the 10 minutes reapply the power to the modem , when it has settled and all the required lights are lit and steady you can power up the wireless router , again , wait for it to settle then access the routers set up pages ( in the documentation ) and configure the wireless security and to make sure it recognises the modem . Finally , try accessing the internet using your computer in wireless mode , entering the security key you previously set up .

Ashley

LEEDASH 19:39 10 Mar 09

so just have the ethernet plug in from the modem to the router ok ? oh how do you configure the wireless settings ?

Zaphod 3 22:19 10 Mar 09

with a belkin type in 192.168.2.1 into your address bar to access the settings menu

Ashrich 22:32 10 Mar 09

Modem plugs into the WAN port of the router , ethernet cable from port 1 to the PC .

As Zaphod 3 says , open a browser window and in the address bar type in 192.168.2.1 and press enter , the default user name and password for Belkins are none ( leave it blank ) press enter again , look for the wireless settings , you'll find the security section there .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…