Belkin wireless router and wireless pci card..

georj 17:00 07 Nov 05

I have belkin wireless router and a wireless pci card in another pc.
all seemed to install ok but the pc with the pci card does not stay connected for very long do a scan site survey and it does not find anything.
i shut the pc down and restart it and it works for ten minutes or so then losses connection then it is shut it down again. i changed the channel from 11 to 13 no difference, i unstalled the software and reinstalled no joy then used xp to find the network no joy so if any one has any ideas please help cheers Jason

mgmcc 20:45 07 Nov 05

Try changing the Channel to a much lower one such as 7 or 4, because there is a certain amount of overlap between channels and the difference between 11 and 13 is small.

Using a fixed IP address can also help if poor radio performance is causing the adapter to lose the address allocated by DHCP.

Interference can also cause connections to drop and the most common cause of this is a cordless phone located close to one of the WiFi components.

georj 08:33 08 Nov 05

When it does connect it has full signal and excellant, i dont own a cordless phone. i will try what you suggested thank you and i will let you know how i get on. regards Jason

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…