Belkin wireless router priorities

lothlann 17:46 13 Jun 06

Hi, i was wondering whether it is possible to set priorities on a belkin wireless router. I have a computer and laptop but if both are connected it slows the Pc down greatly. Is it possible to make the PC have more bandwidth or are they assigned equally?

Thanks

ade.h 18:22 13 Jun 06

I can so no reason why it would slow down "greatly". My Belkin 7632 (you have neglected to mention your model, variant and rev) variously has up to four clients - two by cable and two wireless - and suffers no appreciable contention.

lothlann 22:29 13 Jun 06

Sorry i was at my girlfriends and couldnt remember model etc. My router is a 54Mbps ADSL modem and wireless G router 7632. IS that all the data?
I mainly run World of Warcraft on my PC and that uses alot of bandwidth as if i run MSN or a download at the same time it slows down the game alot. If someone else in the house uses the laptop it slows the game too so i assumed it was due to shared bandwidth.
Is it possible to 'assign' th ePC more bandwidth as all the laptop is used for is web browsing, no downloads or games.

Thanks for your help

ade.h 23:36 13 Jun 06

There are more 7632 variants than you can count on one hand!

It is not possible to influence or prioritise bandwidth allocation; it works on a first-come first-served basis.

lothlann 00:10 14 Jun 06

LOL ok well in that case is there anything i can do to sort out bandwidth issues?
Sorry im not very good with wireless networks.

ade.h 12:13 14 Jun 06

Stop playing World of Warcraft or whatever it is when everyone else needs internet access. Better than potentially having arguments in the house!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…