Belkin Wireless Router - no auto connect

bunz 17:36 21 May 05

Hi guys,

I have had my router/modem since July last year (model no. F5D7630UK4A). For the last month or so it's not connecting to my ISP (wanadoo) automatically.

To get it to connect now I have to go to the router set up page and click connect.

Not a big thing but it's beginning to bug me!

Any suggestions?

spargo 21:34 21 May 05

I'll bump this for you.

woodchip 21:51 21 May 05

My wireless was the same a 3Com, but adjusting setting got it to connect auto

ahales42 21:54 21 May 05

Have you added or changed any phones, or perhaps got sky+? Since adding a new answering machine i have to switch off my router then switch it back on to get it connecting.

bunz 21:56 21 May 05

Thanks to spargo for the bump :)

Woodchip do you remember which settings you had to change?

The weird thing is I haven't changed any settings, it just doesn't auto connect any more.

bunz 21:58 21 May 05

Hmm thanks Ahales - we recently got a couple of new cordless phones - wonder if they've upset the router.

Will give it a switch off and see what happens

woodchip 22:10 21 May 05

I think it was the Internet settings, I just opened on my Laptop I am downstairs from Router and I thin it was the Hostname and Mac address Clone Computer Mac address. Try it let me know if it works

bunz 22:17 21 May 05

I turned it off for a couple of minutes, switched it back on and it appears to be working :)

Thanks guys for all your help, if I have any more trouble I will have a look at those settings you suggested Woodchip.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…