Belkin Wireless Router Help

Simon9999 23:24 18 Jan 09

So I've attached all the necessary cables to my wireless router and I've gone to 192.168.2.1 and done everything. However, when I get to this page, by clicking ok everything should be done.

click here

However, when I click ok the wireless modem router loses connection and has to re-connect meaning the internet doesnt get connected thus it doesnt work. I get taken to this page after.

click here

I honestly don't know whats wrong so if someone could help I'd appreciate that so much. Many thanks.

ambra4 23:39 18 Jan 09

It is strongly recommended by All router suppliers that you use a physically connected cable

to the Router via a Ethernet RJ45 cable for router setup.

Using a wireless connected computer for router setup is Not recommended at any time

ambra4 23:46 18 Jan 09

You should take a read at this posting

click here

cocteau48 09:53 19 Jan 09

Looking at your screen shot and comparing it to my own I note that the following are all missing:
Subnet mask
Wan IP
Default gateway
DNS address
These should all be automatically set up by running the installation CD for the router.
I also notice that the firmware version shown is way out of date.
If you do not have an installation CD then I am not sure how you proceed the set up manually - perhaps someone else may advise you.

DippyGirl 10:35 19 Jan 09

Not sure which router you have but there should be a chapter on manual configuration, including screen shots, in the User Guide
click here and enter your model number and you should be able to download the User Guide

LinH 11:03 19 Jan 09

As ambra4 rightly says, when setting up a router always use a physically connected cable, never do it via wireless it's not reliable enough.

LinH

Simon9999 15:53 19 Jan 09

I;ve got an ethernet cable attached from the router to my computer.

However, can I just add some things.

Firstly, when I dont have the wireless usb adapter connected to my computer then I can't get to 192.168.2.1 but when it's connected I can get to 192.168.2.1.

However, after I've entered all my detail the router loses connection and re-starts itself by re-dialing (the lan light starts flashing again to get a connection) so the internet doesnt work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009