Belkin Wireless Router F5D7632uk4A v6000uk Warning

brainbow 10:53 10 Sep 06

All,

Just to let you know that I bought a Belkin Wireless Router the other day. (sept 06)

Model number F5D7632uk4A v6000uk

They are sold through places like Currys/PC World etc.

If you set it up and it does not connect to the Internet, no matter what you do, then call the free technical phone because it will need a new firmware to be installed.

Just letting you know so that you dont waste hours like I did going through the manual wondering what the hell I'd done wrong!!! When I hadnt!!
cheers,
brainbow

Forum Editor 18:57 10 Sep 06

I wondered what the problem was.

gadgetsmith 23:24 26 Sep 06

Can you post the link?

WarmApplePyro 18:18 17 Oct 06

...and the somewhere-in-India freephone tech support people took my e-mail address and sent me a link to the latest firmware (not a lot of good when the reason I'm calling is that my router CAN'T GET ONLINE!). I went into the loft and dug out the old modem my ISP sent when I signed up so that I could get the e-mail, which sent me to a site where I had to enter my e-mail address and the ridiculously long password they gave me in the e-mail to get to a whole bunch of drivers and support files not found on the main site. For my modem (which is the F5D7632 v6000) the latest driver is 6.01.06 and is found here:

click here

Version 6.01.05 is also available there, just change the 06 in the URL to an 05, if you need that for whatever reason.

I hope that anyone who needs it can get it from that link without needing a password from Belkin first to login (because apparently just buying the product isn't good enough to earn access to the software it requires in Belkin's eyes... I mean whoever heard of hiding firmware away on a password protected site you had to phone India to get access to?). If you can't access it or you have a different router, the freephone number should be printed on the outside of the original box for your hardware.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the router itself, I actually quite like it, but I would strongly recommend against Belkin if this is how they treat their customers. Sorry for venting my frustrations but I hope I was able to help anyone looking for a fix for their router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac