Belkin wireless repeater installation problems

mxyzptlk 16:02 06 Sep 06

I am trying to install a Belkin F5D7132UK "wireless universal range extender", as a repeater rather than an action point, to provide a stronger signal to a PC sharing a broadband internet router (an Actiontec router).

There are three PC's. The main one is cable connected to the router. The two others are connected via USB wireless network adapters. One of these two has sufficient signal strength from the router.

After installing the Belkin software the repeater seems to be configured OK and when installed in its new location the power and network lights are on. The affected PC indicates that signal strength is strong, but it is unable to make a network connection. It has TCP/IP configured for automatic allocation.

I guess this is a software configuration issue, or maybe just a compatibility issue. Can anyone help me to solve this?

mxyzptlk 16:45 07 Sep 06

Eventually resolved this myself after hopeless conversation with someone on the Belkin helpdesk who couldn't speak English very well!

The problem was with the user instructions - one incorreect instruction and one missing one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5