belkin wireless print server connect net

manoh35 05:36 12 Oct 06

I have a belkin wireless print server and i want to know whether there is any way to connect to the internet wirelessly using the print server......for example connecting adsl modem to the print server and then detecting it using my wireless laptop hence wireless internet connection?

Anybody has any ideas?

mikesuther 08:51 12 Oct 06

Hi, I do not know if this is what you want to try but, the way i connected my D-Link print server was using my Belkin router. I wanted a wireless network as i have two laptops, i also wanted to print from the two printers that i had, from either computer without having to have both PC's switched on.

I connected the D-link print server into one of the ethernet ports on the back of the router. I configured the router to accept the print server and Bobs your uncle.

My D-Link print server was hard wired unlike yours. As far as i am aware you cannot connect to the internet using the print server. My Belkin router says something about the belkin print server and how easy it is to connect up.

Sorry for the negative response but the good news is that the cost of wireless routers are very inexpensive, hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

Danoh 00:46 13 Oct 06

I'm not sure you really do mean you want to access the internet (WWW) via the print server though?
I think you mean you wish to be able to print from your wirelessly connected laptop, to your wirelessly connected print-server?

Whether wired or wireless, once a print server is setup and connected to a LAN, it can be addressed by other devices on the same LAN.

However, a mulitude of causes can prevent this from actually working though.

So please do tell us what you have tried, what is connected to what, and what problem or problems you have as a consquence?

manoh35 06:57 13 Oct 06

thanks for the info...

actually I was tryin to make the print server like a wireless router so that i wouldn't need to get a router....

i tried connecting it to an adsl modem but my laptop couldn't detect it & i thought it could be a configuration problem like maybe the ip address or something, so was wondering if anyone have ever tried it before?

another thing the print server i'm just started testing it at my friends place to see whether its any good but can it be used directly to a wireless laptop or do i still need to use a wireless router to just simply print?
(cause the illustrations seem to show that from the print server go to wifi router to laptop)

Danoh 08:31 13 Oct 06

A print server does not have any traffic routing capabilities to more then one device. Which is why a router is a router.

Danoh 08:48 13 Oct 06

Strawballs posted a link to a great website u will find useful click here

manoh35 09:32 16 Oct 06

"a print server does not have any traffic routing capabilities" but it can connect wirelessly direct to a wireless laptop without a wireless router for printing right?

if yes can i connect 1 laptop to the net using the print server without a wireless router? just 1 laptop.....since if it can detech the printer why cant it detect the adsl modem i connect it to?

Any thoughts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…