Belkin Wireless Network Connected But Web Slow

MrSheen 09:38 10 Jan 06

I know there's a load of posts about network and especially Belkin, but can't find one that is similar to my problem, apologies if there is.

I've been having the usual signal strength problems since I bought the router and wireless card last month, plus the usual network dropping, not being able to recognise the network etc. Now though, it's showing the network as being connected, icons looking very happy, 54mbs with signal between 60-70, but when i try and access my e-mail or the internet it either doesnt work at all or the connection is slower than the slowest of dial-ups!! Has anyone experienced this before and can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

mgmcc 14:17 10 Jan 06

Make sure there is nothing causing interference with the signal - in particular keep cordless and/or mobile phones away from the router and the "wireless" PC. Close proximity to a central heating radiator can also cause signal problems.

You could also try changing the wireless Channel number from the default "11" to something like "7" or "4".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…