belkin wireless n1 router

chaudha 23:48 31 Aug 08

apologies in aDvance for the awkwarD typing, but my keyboarD isn't working properly.

i have a belkin wireless 54g router, anD a belkin 54g access point to extenD the range of the network to reach my room which is some 2 floors away from the main pc. this has serveD me well for a few years, but it has also been stressful. my connection Drops a lot anD the speeD is a lot slower than on the main pc.

i DeciDeD to buy a wireless n1 router thinking this woulD be gooD becuase the coverage is supposeD to be very gooD anD the speeD also. i got one anD installeD it, but i have founD the range is terrible. in fact, the signal Doesn't even travel as far as my olD 54g router. when this is aDvertiseD as having a maximum range of 425 m it can't even reach as far as my room.

i have trieD the belkin technical support but that hasn't helpeD, Does anyone else have a view on what the problem is or is it just that the proDuct Doesn't Do what it is supposeD to?

mgmcc 11:35 04 Sep 08

To get the maximum benefit from a router using 802.11n protocol, you would need to connect to it with a *COMPATIBLE* 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter, although its performance shouldn't be inferior to that of a standard 802.11g router.

chaudha 21:45 06 Sep 08

I tested it with another wireless device ( my ipod ) and it didn't go very far at all. I don't want to go and spend another £80 pound on the new adapters to find that it makes no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…