Belkin wireless modem/router

mtwollet 13:50 10 May 05

Hi
I'm thinking of setting up a wireless network at home and thinking of using a Belkin ADSL modem/router as in a recent test I read it was rated as the easiest to set up.
Has anybody got experience of this or can anybody recommend an alternative.
The model number is F5D7231UK4
Many thanks

PurplePenny 18:13 10 May 05

I bought Belkin (different model) for that very reason - easy to set up. Must be a definition of "easy" as yet unknown to the Oxford English Dictionary!

To be fair set-up *was* easy ... it just didn't work. Numerous e-mails and phone calls to both Belkin and my ISP confirmed that I was entering the correct configuration so there was no apparent reason for the router's failure to connect to the outside world.

After several days I finally did get it going. All the settings were the same as for my other attempts; I did do a "restore to factory defaults" at Belkin's suggestion but I'd already tried that. The only thing that was different about the successful attempt was that I switched the router-to-PC cable to another socket.

It also dropped the internet connection after a day and a half and it was a real hassle getting it back.

I saw other complaints about connection set up difficulties and dropped connections when searching broadband and networking forums for clues to my problem, but to be fair there might have been the same complaints about other makes of router, I was only searching for Belkin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…