Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

brambles 18:16 16 Jan 08

I have a well specified Vista Computer & an established Ethernet Cable connection to the Internet all of which work extremely satisfactorily.

I purchased the above adapter and invited my Grandsons with their HP Laptop & Sony PSP to use their devices on my Internet and it failed miserably.
I installed the software - that was easy - checked in Device Manager which said it was working properly. Unfortunately my Vista computer just didn't recognise it - there was no reaction - no icon in the taskbar and no connection was possible. I have a BT connection with a Voyager 220v router. I suppose I'm not doing something I should - if so can anyone advise. The adapter was pplied by Dell with the computer so I am assuming it is Vista compatible.

Brambles

Kemistri 18:56 16 Jan 08

Don't install the software.

Tadpole84 00:18 19 Mar 08

I had the same problem. There is a separate leaflet for Vista users, it’s about the size of a warranty card. If you can’t find it I’ve typed it out below. I uninstalled the drivers first by going to Control Panel>Device Manager and then right-clicking on the adapter. NB: you do need the disc in the dive for the first step.

At Production time of this adapter, Windows Vista had not been formally released. The software needed to set up your Belkin network is built into the Windows Vista Operating system.

1. Plug in your client adapter (a CardBus, USB, or PCI card which enables your computer for networking) to a computer you wish to enable for networking (not the computer to which your Belkin Router is connected).Your computer should automatically detect the new hardware and install the driver.

2. At the bottom-right corner of your screen, you should see a network icon. Click on it (ignore the red X).

3. The "Network and Sharing Center" dialog box appears. Click the "Connect to network" link inside it.

4. Select (left-click once on, to highlight) a network to which you wish to connect and then click connect.

5. You are now connected to the network. The Network and Sharing Center should look like this screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…