Belkin Wireless G Router problems :

ben12345 01:20 07 Sep 07

Hello,

I have a Belkin Wireless G router - 2.4Ghz-802.11g router with an ADSL router (which came with broadband) I have had them configured properly (and working) for 8 months or more now - but recently I've been having major issues with Belkin Router, a member of the family just bought a Macbook and we tried to set it up wireless but couldn't. I doubt this has caused the problem but I thought I'd state it)

Anyway, the wireless router wasnt working, It was SAYING its connected but when I tried to get onto the net it wouldnt load. Then after I ipconfig/release then renew, then restarted the router it simply didnt work.
I couldn't even get onto the Router homepage through the IP -

After quite some time of restarting/readjusting the plugs the router is working, but only in small time frames of 10 minutes or so then the wireless/internet LCD light flicker and turn off.
So the ethernet connected computer is working but the macbook isnt.

Its working at the moment but I want to know what would be causing this problem?

Thanks

Forum Editor 09:29 07 Sep 07

You say "I have a Belkin Wireless G router - 2.4Ghz-802.11g router with an ADSL router (which came with broadband)"

Are you saying that you are trying to use two routers simultaneously?

ben12345 09:41 07 Sep 07

No, Its more a modem you cant connect it wirelessly it just has 2 ports; 1 for the ethernet and 1 from the phone line.

When I connect through the router, the cable that is in the computer connects into the port "modem" then another cable from the belkin router port to the computer.

ambra4 22:29 12 Sep 07

ben12345

We need the correct model # of the equipment that you have as we are totally confused

1 The model # of the Belkin Wireless G router

2 ADSL router??? make and #(which I believe is the modem that connect to you broadband service)

What you want to do is set up a wireless network????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5