BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER WITH NTL BROADBAND

andy8491 10:08 28 Mar 06

Belkin F5D7230uk4 54Mbps Broadband Wireless Router
I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER AND I AM CONNECTED TO NTL BROADBAND.
I WANTED TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO SHARE MY COMPUTERS INTERNET CONNECTION.
SO I INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE ON THE LAPTOP AND THE COMPUTER AND CONN3ECTED A High-Speed Mode Wireless G Notebook Network Card TO MY LAPTOP.
AT FIRST THE INTERNET WAS WORKING FINE ON THE LAPTOP BUT THEN AFTER 5-10 OR 15 MINUTES I LOST CONNECTION.IF I LEAVE THE LAPTOP AND DONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET IT STAYS CONNECTED FOR LONGER AND I THOUGHT I MIIGHT HAVE GONE OUT OF RANGE BUT I STAYED CLOSE TO THE ROUTER AFTERWARDS.
MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS THAT I MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTLY PULLED OUT A WIRE OR THE ELECTRICITY MIGHT HAVE WENT BECAUSE THE LIGHT ON THE LAPTOP CARD WENT OFF.
I THEN WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND LOOKED AT THE ROUTER AND THE LIGHT ON IT WHERE THE LAPTOP CONNECTION IS FROM HAD TURNED ORANGE.
I THEN RESET THE ROUTER AND STAYED DOWNDSTAIRS AND THEN WAITED TO SEE IF THE CONNECTION WOULD BE RE-GANED, SUCCESS IT WAS BUT NOT FOR LONG. THIS PROBLEM IS STILL RE-OCCURING AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD ASSIST ME WITH THIS PROBLEM AND ALSO IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO SHARE MY FILES AS THERE IS NOTHING ON THE COMPUTER ABOUT THE WIRELESS NETWORK BUT IT WAS INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND THERE IS NOTHING ON THE LAPTOP EXCEPT FOR BELKIN WIRELESS NOTEBOOK CARD UTILITY.
THIS IS VERY STRESSFUL AS THE INTERNET STILL WORKS ON THE NORMAL COMPUTER UNTIL THE LAPTOP GOES OFF AND THE ROUTER LIGHT TURNS ORANGE :@ COULD SOMEONE !!!PLEASE!!! HELP ME OR EMAIL ME WITH AN ANSWER [email protected]

Danoh 10:41 28 Mar 06

"A High-Speed Mode Wireless G Notebook Network Card TO MY LAPTOP"
<< >>
Your router is a standard 802.11g model. What is the make and model number of your Notebook Network card?
My 1st thought is that it is a non-standard G, due to the marketing "High-speed" label.

My 2nd thought is that there are numerous other wireless networks causing interference.
If your router's configuration has something called "Protected Mode", that is supposed to help.
In addition, try changing the channel number which the router using; e.g. avoid channel 11 & 1 to start with.

P/S Try not to use UPPER CASE ~ its difficult to read and its the equivalent of SHOUTING in an internet forum.
P/P/S This response of mine to your Open or Unresolved thread should generate an email to your registered email address, without my having to send you an email.

andy8491 12:58 29 Mar 06

yes i have made sure that the notebook card and the router work together and i bought them with each other they are both part of the same models.
i will try to change my channel and select protective mode but do you have any kind of idea or suggestion of how i should do this ?
thank you for your help with my first post.
have you ever had the same problems?

Danoh 16:55 29 Mar 06

the method should be similar for yours as well.

On your desktop PC, connected to the router via an Ethernet cable, open your internet browser (Internet Explorer?) and type in 192.168.2.1 into the address field.
That will open the router's configuration page for you.

Click Login, Submit {should not related to your problem but if you have left the default password as blank, don't; set one of your own up a.s.a.p.)

On the left hand panel under the "Wireless" section;

should be an entry for "Channel"; if this is set to Auto, leave it as it means the router can change channels automatically.
If not, it should allow you to select Channel numbers 1 - 13 inclusive; choose one.

there should also be a field called "Protected Mode"; set that to "On".

P/S No comfort to you, but I have not had the same problems.

Danoh 16:57 29 Mar 06

read some of the threads in this forum that relates to Security. It is strongly recommended that you have some security set up.
E.g.
Change default SSID name, set WPA/WEP data encryption, MAC address filtering, etc.

ade.h 17:04 29 Mar 06

click here

click here

Two basic but reasonably helpful guides to file sharing.

keewaa 19:13 29 Mar 06

Are you saying that you have 2 computers;
1 connected by a cable to the router
1 connected wirelessly to the router

and that both lose the internet connection at the same time?

Do you have good quality microfilters fitted on ALL devices plugged into the telephone sockets?

andy8491 23:26 03 Dec 06

secure mode wasnt set and a key needed assigning and it was DSL connection not adsl so that wouldnt hav helped but thanx anyways

Arulkumar 12:00 08 Aug 07

Andy and all,
I am also experiencing the same problem with Belkin Wireless G Router. I have WPA security and auto channel allocation. But while watching online movies and downloading the files, it stope after 5 mins and then not able to do anything in that. But the internet connection is up and i am able to browse through the rest of the pages.
Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Arul

Danoh 23:02 08 Aug 07

"Hi Danoh, This is regarding your reply for the post - Can you help me please what to do now? Thanks in advance, Arul"

Sorry Arul, I haven't experienced the problem you've described either.
But then I don't stream online movies as well as download files at the same time.

My sons do, but they've not complained about the issue you mentioned.
However, whenever they are busy on the network as you've described, I can't get much reaction myself on the same network.

So, are there others sharing the same network as yourself and could they be doing heavy data downloads at the times you've experienced your problem?
Sorry to only post a guess.

P/S Best to start your own thread - you've been very considerate checking out existing postings first though - sometimes I wish more folks do that first!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017