Belkin wireless G modem and router

oldroboman 17:47 10 Mar 06

I have helped a freind set up the above wireles modem, the connection to the internet etc works find both with the direct cable and via wifi, the problem we have is that he has 2 desktops on his network, but they wont talk to each other, one can see the other but cant open anything, the other cant see anything. both access internet perfectly, we have run through the network setup wizards to no avail... any ideas please to get the two machines to talk to each other, we are on xp pro..
thanks

ade.h 18:13 10 Mar 06

Having first created a workgroup and set all clients to this workgroup manually, you should be able to follow my advice in this related thread click here

If you what you have done so far follows this to the letter, then disable F&P Sharing from within the network connection's properties (in the Net Conn folder) reboot all clients, re-enable F&P Sharing and start afresh.

ade.h 18:22 10 Mar 06

I will assume for now that you have already configured your firewalls as appropriate for network use.

oldroboman 10:40 11 Mar 06

Well i got one to see the other, ok, second pc when i look at add network place, doesnt see beyond the workgroup name?? any ideas...

ade.h 13:25 11 Mar 06

Every client that has been assigned to that workgroup will - provided it is switched on and has the file sharing services running - be listed under that workgroup name. In mine at this moment, I can see two of the PCs (including this one) and the other two are switched off or in standby right now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…