BELKIN WIRELESS G+ MIMO ROUTER F5D9630uk4a

Sandsifter 18:09 16 Dec 06

Hi and HELP

I have just installed a new BELKIN WIRELESS G+ MIMO ROUTER F5D9630uk4a and to put you in the picture the wireless Lan Status Led is flickering all of the time and I am unable to set up my Network at all (not for the want of trying I may add lol)I am hoping it is something simple and just configuration but have also found that it is still flickering after the computer is powered down.
I am connected to the internet fine and my Laptop is also connected through the router and USB adaptors.(also MIMO)
When I re-install my old Belkin router/modem F5D7632uk4 I have no problems at all and can set up my network fine.
Has anyone had similar experiences with this MIMO router
At the moment I am waiting some feedback from BELKINs technical department but that could take an age.
Any ideas chaps and chapesses

My system inf as follows
-------------------------------------------
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name xxxxxxxx
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dimension 9100
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A01, 25/05/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name xxxxxxxxx
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.60 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 6.34 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

SANAP 20:55 16 Dec 06

I have just spent a few hours setting up a netgear dg834np router and eventually got it going but I just went to belkin site keyed in your model number and they have a fantastic step through. have a look. One of the snags I hit was having the fax line plugged in with the router adsl line. Once I didconnected that and plugged in ordinary lead it went zzzzoooooooooooomm. I used win xp to set up wireless and generate a wep code.

have a look.

sanap

Sandsifter 21:06 16 Dec 06

Hi sanap
thanks for your input,I too used the Belkin site to set up my original Modem/Router and after many hours finally had my network so I am thinking that I will be upgrading to a faster router and that the process will be exactly the same,which it is but as yet I have been unsuccessful.I will keep on trying but I think that there is definately a fault within the modem/router for it to be flashing all the time even when the Computer is powered down.

Regards

Sansifter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…