belkin wireless connection problem

macloon 11:46 02 Oct 07

I have a ADSL modem with wireless G router- 2.4GHz-802.11g from belkin and I am unable to connect to the internet with it. I have followed all the steps in the manual but I am unable to get to the 192.168.2.1 web page as I am offline eventhough the modem router is connected.
I am still able to connect to the internet with my speedtouch modem connection but once I change the ADSL line to the belkin modem it does not connect eventhough the ADSL,wireless,ethernet and power LED lights are alight.
The thing is the modem was working not so long ago, I have tried resetting the modem but this has had no effect, any help would be much appreciated.

scotty 16:08 02 Oct 07

Even if you are not connected to the internet you should be able to open the Belkin web page interface using address 192.168.2.1.

Are you able to open the web page if you connect using an ethernet cable as opposed to wirelessly?

I had a problem with a Belkin router where the instructions in the manual for re-setting the unit were wrong. To reset my unit you needed at least three hands! The reset button had to be held in while you switched on the router.

macloon 16:53 02 Oct 07

I am unable to open the 192.168.2.1. page whether i am connected to the internet or not

Miss_K_E 18:29 02 Oct 07

Had wireless running fine however since moving house I can't conect to the internet using my wireless modem (Belkin). My service provider has sent me a new modem but it's not wireless, similar to my last set up. I have simply conected my new modem to my computer (Ethernet) and installed it, then conected the new modem to the wireless one (using same ethernet cable that I disconected from the PC). When moving house I have somehow lost my instalation CD and booklet for the wireless modem so don't have a clue if what I'm doing is right. Is it?

Ashrich 19:48 02 Oct 07

It might be better to start a thread of your own , in the Network forum instead of posting here , as the thread started would get all the answers via eamil instead of you .

Ashley

Ashrich 19:49 02 Oct 07

That should say " email " instead of you ...

scotty 09:34 03 Oct 07

macloon,

Can you open the router web-browser interface page when you have a wired connection to the router? If not, you need to perform a FULL FACTORY reset of the router. I have seen occassions where the IP address has been changed from the original 192.168.2.1 address and this makes communication difficult!

macloon 21:07 03 Oct 07

how do i perform a full factory reset? I connected the modem up with a usb cord and it has reconized the router but still unable to connect with it, could there be a problem with the modem is there anyway that i can check to see if it is ok?

Ashrich 22:12 03 Oct 07

What sort of modem are you using ?

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5